Social Media marketing has probably become the most accessible form of marketing and advertising for small businesses. Convincing people to follow ...
It’s happening again, Facebook is going through some changes. First with the new News Feed, but now, Facebook has launched a new version on Pages. Things like functionality and look have changed, however Insights remains the same… at least for now.
Facebook says that the changes will help make it easier for page admins to find information they need. There will also be a Pages to Watch feature in Insights, allowing you to keep tabs on pages similar to their own (or competitors) and track those pages’ performances. Sneaky isn’t it.
So we compiled a list of five things you need to know about the new Facebook Pages:
1. The administrator panel disappears. There is now a sidebar that every admin sees on the main screen of the page. This does help administrators quickly go where they need to go if they are not posting. From Ads Running to Notifications, Facebook really did improve a way to get a quick glimpse of the page.
2. Navigation through the backend became basic and easy. Although Insights and Ads have not changed in appearance, Activity and Settings have. You’ll see a larger change in Activity where it becomes much cleaner than before.
3. The Pages Timeline has also changed. Similar to the personal pages, the feed has shifted to the right. A benefit to this (especially for retailers, restaurants, and other b2c businesses) is the map being provided in the forefront. This allows news customers to be able to find you much quicker.
The new Timeline also allows easier access to media, as well as another access to the Apps you use to market your business.
4. The Apps are no longer primarily visible, like the personal pages. This does not mean you need to stop using them, but you need to have a better strategy when approaching how you will be using them. Like the photo above, the images will still be shows for the Apps in the Timeline, but no longer underneath the cover.
5. The Cover Photo. Last but certainly not least… DESIGN! The cover size has changed yet once again. We left our old cover up so you can see what the old dimension look like with the new pages. Although just a small change, you can see if you had text or images laid out a certain way, you may need to make some adjustments. We are also fans of the business categories falling right under the company name. For some businesses where the name doesn’t necessarily showcase what they do, the categories will help new visitors understand what your business does.
Unfortunately, the Pages App has not updated. I am sure other marketers are in the same boat when we say “Facebook… do something about the App!”. If you have any questions regarding the new Facebook Pages, or Facebook marketing, contact us today.