Social Media marketing has probably become the most accessible form of marketing and advertising for small businesses. Convincing people to follow ...
Yes, we all know Facebook now owns Instagram. That is not what this article is about. As an agency, we are always learning how to utilize applications to help grow our clients’ exposure. And this year, everything is about visuals. The boom of Pinterest and Instagram, consumers are sharing more photos then ever before.
We all know to stand out in social media, it’s all about sharing high quality content. Instagram is a great way for a business to share and exposure the culture of the business, and here’s why:
1. Quality. Instagram enhances the quality of the photos you take drastically (see below). Since this year social media heavily focused on visuals, it is important to use the right tools to capitalize on the trend and grab people’s attention. You have eleven different filters you can choose from to help enhance your photos.
2. Engagement. Instagram is not just a mobile app, it is a social network. You can follow, like and comment on photos through the app by creating your own account and connecting it to your other social networks. You have the capabilities to engage with consumers on visual content by showcasing products, services, behind the scenes look into your business and more.
3. Branding. Instagram is a great way to expose your company culture to the world by sharing visuals that has to do with your business and industry. Share photos with your logo in different places, new product launches, etc.
There are many ways a business can do to use Instagram, depending on the industry. Here are just a couple:
1. Content. Instagram enhances your photos, so you want to make sure you post interesting photos. Once you become familiar with the different filters, you want to make sure you are posting consistently. Don’t wait to post your whole album at once. Just like in any other social networking site, Instagram has a feed. When a person or business follows you on Instagram, your photos will appear on their feed. Make sure you don’t flood them with an insane amount of photos.
2. Events. Instagram is an amazing tool to use to promote your event. With the options of connecting to your Facebook and Twitter accounts, uploading photos to Instragram makes sharing your photos across other platforms as simple as one click. Share photos of guests, settings, speeches and more.
Instagram is just the beginning. With more apps like Cinemagram (a video version of Instagram) on the horizon, you need to see what apps and networks work best with your business.
Here are examples of what Instagram can do to your product placement photos:
If you have any questions on how your business can use Instagram, contact us.